Legionella Control and Water Hygiene Specialists
Since 2001 the Health & Safety Commission has insisted that the person responsible for the control of premises has a legal obligation to protect the health and safety of their employees and members of the public from the risk of exposure to Legionella bacteria in hot and cold water systems and air conditioning.
The well-known and tragic incident which occurred in our home town of Barrow-in-Furness in 2002, where seven individuals lost their lives, shows the importance of maintaining water hygiene and ensuring that Legionella is kept at bay.
Wardgroup can help businesses, not for profit organisations and local government to comply with their legal responsibilities and government legislation by providing advice on; what is required, carrying out a risk assessment, setting up a monitoring regime and making any hygiene improvements.
Wardgroup can also carry out the monitoring regime on a regular basis to give you peace of mind that your system is safe.
Under the requirements of the Health and Safety Commission Approved Code of Practice L8 (The control of Legionella bacteria in water systems), employers and those with responsibility for premises must:
- Identify and assess sources of risk, including checking whether conditions exist that would encourage the multiplication of bacteria (Risk Assessment)
- Prepare a scheme for preventing or controlling the risk
- Implement, manage and monitor precautions (monitoring regime)
- Keep records (including drawings)
- Appoint a person to be managerially responsible
Read the recommended code of conduct for service providers here.
For your peace of mind Wardgroup can offer the following service to ensure full L8 compliance
- Carry out Risk Assessment and Water Hygiene Survey which includes a comprehensive hard bound document and asset register containing documentary records of assessment and sources of risk
- Provide a Water Hygiene Log book recording monitoring results, responsibilities and lines of communication
- Carry out monitoring and checking regime for client
- Cleansing and disinfection of systems and tanks
- Commissioning and disinfection of new systems
To discuss how we can assist with your Legionella control please contact email@example.com or speak to our Plumbing & Heating Manager, Adam Baxter on 01229 811222.
You can view our certificates here.